Last Updated: 19 December 2018
Created: 19 December 2018
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
WattTime is a high-tech nonprofit whose Automated Emissions Reduction solutions give IoT and energy storage device companies, utilities, and end users the power to choose clean energy, automatically, by detecting in real time when and where electricity is cleanest. We were founded by PhD researchers from the University of California, Berkeley, and became a subsidiary of Rocky Mountain Institute in 2017.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We collect your personal information in order to provide and improve products and services related to customer empowerment to choose clean energy by reducing the marginal emissions associated with electricity use, and to communicate with you about WattTime and related electricity grid emissions developments. Here are the types of information we gather:
• Information You Give Us: In the course of submitting newsletter subscribe and other web forms; creating an account (i.e., login and password) in features such as WattTime’s API, registering a device, or accessing WattTime’s Explorer; direct correspondence with WattTime team members; and/or other activities, you may provide to us and we may collect from you personal information potentially including: name, title, organization, email address, phone number, mailing address, social media handles, profile picture, etc.
• Automatic Information: In the process of browsing the watttime.org website, opening and clicking links in emails from us, and other activities, we automatically receive and store information that helps us improve our content, products, and services, such as whether you’ve opened an email, which links you may have clicked in that email, and which pages of our website are most popular.Information From Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, similar in nature to the basic types of personal information outlined above in the Information You Give Us section.
• Information From Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, similar in nature to the basic types of personal information outlined above in the Information You Give Us section.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
We will never sell, lease, or otherwise share your personal information with unaffiliated, third-party individuals and organizations. Your personal information will only be used: a) across the WattTime team to deliver services and communications, b) by native WattTime technology to deliver products and services (e.g., WattTime API, device registration, Explorer access), and c) with select third-party vendors (e.g., Google Analytics, RecruiterBox, Pipedrive, DonorBox) only as necessary to deliver WattTime services and communications and to perform the functions described above.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information will be used to improve WattTime products, services, and communications, and to offer a more tailored and engaging experience with WattTime, potentially including, but not limited to:
• Delivery of our newsletter and other email announcements to which you directly subscribed
• Delivery of other marketing and communications
• Social media engagement
• Delivery of targeted WattTime content from other platforms (e.g., embedded WattTime YouTube videos)
• Invitations to participate in potential projects of interest
• Creating and maintaining an account (i.e., login and password) to access WattTime’s API, register a device, and/or access portions of WattTime’s Explorer
OPTIONS FOR MANAGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can manage your email subscription preferences, unsubscribe, resubscribe, etc. at any time by following the links contained in any email communication from us. You can also contact us in writing at the email and/or mailing address above to update your preferences or to be removed from our system.